Sunday, November 19, 2017

I'm on Extended Vacation


So, I pretty much suck as a blogger. I remember the good old days when I used to post three times a week. Ah, yes, the blogging possibilities are endless when one does not have a life. 

But alas, life changes, and as mine has changed I have less and less time for this labor of love. I haven't even been able to write anything for over a month. I barely have time to be doing this post. I'm so swamped I don't know when I can get to this...I have books I am under contract for that are unwritten or behind, proposals piling in for more, Power Point presentations by the dozen that I have to get ready for next semester...meanwhile, my firewood sits uncut in a dreary pile in the yard, I haven't replaced the tail light I busted out two weeks ago, I haven;t yet reattached the gutter that fell off my house last summer, my inbox is full of emails I have not responded to, in addition to a whole host of other personal issues that need my attention.

I am going on extended vacation from blogging. I don't know how long it will be. I need to focus on making some space for myself and getting my priorities in order. This blog has been here for ten years and its not going anywhere; I am not retiring, but I am stepping away to bring some order to my chaos. In the meantime I will continue to monitor comments and update the USC Facebook page from time to time I can be reached at uscatholicam[at]gmail.com if you need me.

Please pray for me, that the day may swiftly come when I have time to attend to this amateur passion again.

God bless you.
~Boniface

3 comments:

Javier R. said...

God be with you.

Kathleen1031 said...

Oh sure, I just discovered you, lol.
Well, God bless. We are all trying to figure out how to get it all done in 24 hours. It's not always pretty, or even possible. Yes, prioritizing is key. See you when we see you, unless the Good Lord sends that SMD in the meantime.

anonymous said...

Take care...it's always good to prioritize and attend to first duties...