But beyond celebrating this enduring blog, I also wanted to give you some news and make an appeal.
What is this "work" you ask?
I am not a social media influencer. I have never tried to monetize this site by turning into a subscription service, nor have I ever hocked "premium content." I don't make a living from this blog; if I feel like posting I do, and if I don't I don't.
- I would like to get my RCIA notes and outlines translated into Spanish and then Arabic. I'd like to be able to pay people for this translating work.
- As I mentioned above, I am revamping the USC sister site. I would like funds to help pay for the redevelopment and obtain improved design elements of the new site.
- While I work as a professional writer, I also self-publish works on matters of interest to traditional Catholics. For example, the USC Ebook, Laudato Si: The 40 Concerns of an Exhausted Layman, The Book of Non-Contradiction on harmonizing apparently divergent biblical accounts, and most recently, Power from On High on the history of theocratic monarchy in the Christian west. Your donations allow me to (a) spend more time working on these passion projects instead of grinding away at the corporate stuff, and (b) help me pay professional copywriters and artists to improve the quality of these self-published works.
In the meantime, I have a lot on the docket for the rest of 2021. Here are just a few of the articles I have in the works for the next sixth months (hopefully):
- The legend of St. Maternus
- Use of ostrich eggs in the traditional liturgy
- Various book reviews
- The Church and autopsies
- St. Gregory of Narek
- Cuss words in the Middle Ages
- Medieval clerical opinions on beards
- English bishops and the pallium journey to Rome
- Gemstones in the writings of St. Hildegard
- Part 3 in my series on the Nephilim (hopefully)
If there is something else you would like to see me write about, please do not hesitate to shoot me an email at uscatholicam[at]gmail.com. Thank you for your patronage over the years. Please use the Paypal button below to make a donation; if you'd like to send a check in the snail mail, message me at uscatholicam[at]gmail.com and I'll let you know how. And as always, follow us on Facebook. May the Lord richly bless you.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION TO UNAM SANCTAM VIA PAYPAL